RE: Video Searches

Shaw, Susan Libr (ShawS@mg.sdstate.edu)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:22 -0600

UFOria!

Susan Shaw
----------
From: Kristine R. Brancolini
To: ShawS; Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Video Searches
Date: Friday, July 25, 1997 9:12AM

I'm trying to find purchase information for _In Darkest Hollywood_ (1993),
directed by Peter Davis. OCLC WorldCat lists it as published by
Nightengale/Villon. _Video Source Book_ gives the distributor as
Nightengale/Conant, with an address and phone number in Niles, IL. When
we called them, they knew nothing about it. Lots of libraries own the
tape, according to OCLC, so I'm hoping someone can tell me where you
bought it.

I'm also trying to find information about a tape for which I have no
title! I could have sworn that Nova did a recent program on the Kennedy
assassination and the "single-bullet theory." There is an older Nova on
this topic, made in 1992, but I'm looking for a more recent production.
I couldn't find anything in OCLC or the usual sources. Any ideas?

Sidebar: A prof in the Folklore department is doing a course this fall
called "Folklore on Film." He's covering all of those fun topics--UFOs,
alien autopsy, the Kennedy assassination, Bigfoot, etc. It's been a
challenge to decide what to buy fo rhim. There are 178 videos on the
Kennedy assassination alone. And he's not necessarily looking for the
most scholarly treatment...

Thanks for your help.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries