Re: Video Searches

Rhonda Rosen (rrosen@popmail.lmu.edu)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:16:27

hey, kris-
we tried to purchase "In Darkest HOllywood" in 1995, but with no success.
we listed NightINGgale Productions as the vendor, but no address is listed.
maybe that's why we never got it!!! if you find it, let me know.

also, for the folklore class, i don't know why this popped into my head
(and let's remember this is FRIDAY...) but how about "Melvin and Howard"?

-- rhonda

At 09:12 AM 7/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm trying to find purchase information for _In Darkest Hollywood_ (1993),
>directed by Peter Davis. OCLC WorldCat lists it as published by
>Nightengale/Villon. _Video Source Book_ gives the distributor as
>Nightengale/Conant, with an address and phone number in Niles, IL. When
>we called them, they knew nothing about it. Lots of libraries own the
>tape, according to OCLC, so I'm hoping someone can tell me where you
>bought it.
>
>I'm also trying to find information about a tape for which I have no
>title! I could have sworn that Nova did a recent program on the Kennedy
>assassination and the "single-bullet theory." There is an older Nova on
>this topic, made in 1992, but I'm looking for a more recent production.
>I couldn't find anything in OCLC or the usual sources. Any ideas?
>
>Sidebar: A prof in the Folklore department is doing a course this fall
>called "Folklore on Film." He's covering all of those fun topics--UFOs,
>alien autopsy, the Kennedy assassination, Bigfoot, etc. It's been a
>challenge to decide what to buy fo rhim. There are 178 videos on the
>Kennedy assassination alone. And he's not necessarily looking for the
>most scholarly treatment...
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Kristine Brancolini
>Indiana University Libraries
>brancoli@indiana.edu

Rhonda Rosen
Loyola Marymount University phone: (310)338-4584
7900 Loyola Blvd. email: rrosen@popmail.lmu.edu
Los Angeles, CA 90045-8206 web page: http:www.lmu.edu/admin/
personal/staff/rrosen/rhonda.htm