Re: Does anyone attend Conference?

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 14:47:31 -0600 (MDT)

Debra, I'm now the director of a public library, but in the most recent
past have been an AV Dept. Head in college/public libraries for 16 years.
I've also been on the advisory Board of the National Film and Video
Market - the NMMC before last year when it was renamed. This conference
is unlike any other - it is the premiere place where buyers and sellers
come together for the sole purpose of viewing product, making deals and
purchasing product. Only the ABA comes close. Although I purchased from
jobbers and individual distributors throughout the year, I always saved up
1/3rd of my budget to spend at the Market in Oct each year because I knew
that I could make some fantastic deals. I would highly recommend
attending this conference to any AV librarian or distributor (who wants a
booth or a room to do business). The problem that this conference has had
in the past is that it seems to be regional in nature. Big state library
AV Dept., regional state AV Dept., regional educational systems, large
public library and college library AV Dept. heads have attended in the
past, but the turnout has not been exceptional. I would like to see it
grow. Hopefully, I'll be there...