Re: Does anyone attend Conference?

Kathy Olsen (KOLSEN@mail.bcl.lib.fl.us)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:10:40 -0400

As a media buyer, I find the Market one of the most productive
aspects of my decision-making process. I rarely have time to preview
during the rest of the year, and sometimes even finding time to keep
up with the review media can be challenging. Whenever travel funds
are available (4 or 5 times in the last 9 years), the Market is my
top priority. Also of enormous benefit is the opportunity to network
with my peers, sharing our recommendations and pans, which enables us
to cover more ground than we possibly could by ourselves. Information
sharing about policies and procedures, as well as attending the
workshops and roundtable discussions, is another big plus.

Kathy Olsen
Broward County Library
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
954-357-7517