Re: Does anyone attend Conference?

Fri, 18 Jul 1997 11:04:46 -0500 (EST)

Debra: This is my experience, so it represents the librarians
perspective. Perhaps others on the list who are vendors will respond
also. I have attended the National Media Market several times in the past
five years. I have found it to be an extremely valuable experience. For
a variety of reasons, I do not ordinarily preview videos before I add them
to our collection. The Media Market gives me to opportunity to see the
best of the new releases. I focus on more expensive and more esoteric
offerings, for which I have trouble finding reviews. With these kinds of
titles, I like to be certain of the content and technical quality before
placing orders. The distributors also offer special discounts to Market
attendees. I will be going to the Market in Chicago, and hope to attend
every year.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries
brancoli@indiana.edu