RE: video cassette security

HIRSCH Bonnie C (Bonnie.C.HIRSCH@ci.eugene.or.us)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:02:00 -0700

We use the book tattle-tape directly on the videocassette itself, on the
bottom next to the groove that runs along the cassette. We have had not
problem with it hanging up in machines - have many videos with circs up
in the 100-200 range. Seem to have no more security problem that we do
with books.
Our self-check machine is programed to not check out and
desensitize media. The Circ people do not desensitize out-going media,
but hand it around the security gate to the exiting customer.

Bonnie Hirsch
Eugene (Oregon) Public Library
bonnie.c.hirsch@ci.eugene.or.us