Re: Movie search "Raza"

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 16:31:56 +0000 (HELP)

Marilyn wrote:

>Here's another movie I'm trying to find for our art gallery's film series.
>I know where I can borrow a PAL videotape of the 1942 movie "Raza," but
>it's legal only for classroom use. Since I've been asked to rent it as a
>16mm film, and it must have public performance licensing, this source isn't
>quite what I need. Does anyone know where there's a public-performance
>distributor of the video or film?
>
>Any suggestions on this one?
>
>Marilyn
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>Marilyn Huntley
>Audiovisual Classroom Services
>408 Christian A. Johnson Hall
>198 College Hill Road
>Hamilton College, Clinton NY 13323
>Ph 315-859-4120, fax 315-859-4687
>e-mail: mhuntley@hamilton.edu

The IMDd lists Ballesteros as the distributor of the film and that the
Cancilleria del Consejo de la Hispanidad produced it. Perhaps a call to the
Spanish Consulat might help. They may even have a print of it. The film was
reissued in 1950 under the title of _El Espiritu de una raza_ and is also
known as _The Race_ and _The Story of a Race_.
Oksana Dykyj Tel: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources Fax: 514-848-3441
Audio-Visual Department H-342 Email:oksana@vax2.concordia.ca
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve West
Montreal, QC, H3G 1M8