RE: TV/VCR Combinations

Stan Gilliam (stan@pals.guilford.edu)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 07:05:49 -0700

There is the issue of the vcr's breaking down, and while they are being
repaired,
you are missing a monitor as well.
Plus, I have learned that in some combo units (a Quasar from several years ago),
the same board controls the monitor and the vcr. So that (as in our case) if
the board gets severely damaged by heat, and cannot be replaced due to
unavailability,
the monitor and vcr both have to be scrapped. In other words, when the vcr
finally
died, we couldn't run video from an external source and make use of the 27"
monitor.
However, we have used the small Panasonic AG560's with minimum difficulty...
an occasional tape jam.