Re: TV/VCR Combinations

Judy Jones (JONESJM@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:19:54 PST8PDT

We purchased TV/VCR combos 2 years ago - 11 of them. They are in the
front row of carrels and get used heavily. So far, their repair rate
is no better or worse than singles or high end commercial units we
used to buy. We received a "grant" to purchase these units when we
started to record Distance Learning lectures on a regular basis.
Currently, the circulation numbers for DL equal 8,500 for fy 96/97.
Remarkable, huh? Our units are Panasonic and we got them on sale
locally. The only problem seems to be the occasional stuck tape. If
they all died tomorrow, we would have gotten our money's worth.
Nice to finally meet you in Berkeley.

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 06:18:26 -0700
From: "Kristine R. Brancolini" <brancoli@indiana.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: TV/VCR Combinations

The Education Library on campus needs to replace a couple of TVs and
VCRs. The librarian is considering TV/VCR combinations. I have never
bought one and was wondering if any of you have experience with this
playback option. Please share your recommendations with me, regarding
using TV/VCRs in general and then makes/models you liked or did not
like. If you would like to reply to me privately, I would be happy to
summarize for the list. Thanks!

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries
brancoli@indiana.edu