Re: D.W. Griffith films (fwd)

Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:12:28 -0500 (EST)

Here's what I could find out about the films Domenico wants to see.
_Biograph before Griffith_, volume 2, is still available from Facets, even
though it is not listed in their big new catalog. I ordered both volumes,
just to be on the safe side. For Domenico the best way to contact Facets
would probably be their email address for sales: sales@facets.org.

_The Black Hand_ was the only one I could find. I was hoping that one or
more of the others would be listed in a relatively new reference book,
_Silent Films on Video_, by Robert K. Klepper (McFarland, 1996). None of
them were listed, but neither was _The Black Hand_, so although it looks
comprehensive, it must not be. I'm posting this message to the list
in case you are interested in Klepper's book and don't know about it. It
really is good, just not perfect :-).

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries
brancoli@indiana.edu