=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jazz_Mad=2C_aka_=91The_Symphony=92?=

Steven Kramer (PicPal@ix.netcom.com)
Mon, 07 Jul 1997 20:50:20 -0400

Hi folks - This seems beyond our ken. Please respond to Dr. Barber rather
than the list. We've told him to expect mail from videolib subscribers.

>Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 03:57:18 -0400 (EDT)
>From: dr charles barber <barber@batnet.com>
>To: picpal@ids.net
>Sender: barber@batnet.com
>Subject: email
>
>form results
>
>fulldesc -> Dear Colleagues:
>For a collection of conductors on film I am organizing at Stanford, I am
trying to obtain a video or 16mm print of Jazz Mad, aka 'The Symphony',
described in detail as follows:
>registered 18 November 1928
>b&w silent, 7 reels, 6032 feet
>Producers: Universal / Jewel LP 24918
>In the AFI catalogue of feature films from 1921 - 1930: F2.2792
>
>It includes some minutes of Alfred Hertz conducting, and thus our
interest. Can you help us locate the work? The Library of Congress has a
copy, and UCLA has a reel, and we've been able to learn nothing further.
Thanks very much,

>Dr Charles Barber, Curator

Sincerely,
Steve and Jennifer
The Picture Palace
picpal@picpal.com
http://picpal.com/
PO Box 1051
Kearny, NJ 07032
Fax 201-955-9109
Reply to join our email list with the subject heading "subscribe" -
Prizes offered weekly!