Re: Media Position opening up

Judy Jones (JONESJM@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:52:22 PST8PDT

I run the Library Media Center here at CSU-Sacramento in the absence
of the replacement of the Media Librarian. I am an LAIII
(underclassified for the position, but that's another story) which
makes me staff. Salary = $38,600.

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:10:19 -0700
From: "Kristine R. Brancolini" <brancoli@indiana.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: Media Position opening up

I agree, Gary. Why non-tenure track? Why bachelor's degree required,
master's degree in education technology preferred? It's in the library,
but it's not regarded as a librarian position. Looks like an excuse to
pay no money, despite a significant amount of responsibility. $28K is an
entry level librarian salary here. And the Virginia Tech job is decidedly
not entry level.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries