Re: Two titles...

Stan Diamond (sxd@psulias.psu.edu)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:31:47 -0400

Nancy Grayum wrote:

> Thanks so much for recent help with questions that seem
> complicated to me, but simple to the people with the
> answers! Here are a couple more titles, we are looking
> for rental sources:
>
> 1) Ad & the Ego --or--
> Ego and the Ad
>
> 16mm or video rental source

Penn State has:
Ad and the Id: Sex, Death, and Subliminal Advertising (36570)
Physical
Color; sound
Copyrighted
1992
Length
28:00 min
Distributor
Univ of Ca Extension Media Center (UCEMC)
Audience
CA
Synopsis
Charges that many advertisements, which often are
artistically and psychologically
brilliant, employ powerful subliminal images to influence
and motivate consumers to
buy. Reveals alleged hidden messages about death and sex
placed under the surface of
seemingly ordinary ads and shows how to "decode" ads to
uncover such
manipulations. Demonstrates that advertising is in fact
sophisticated applied
psychology. Features sociologist Bernard McGrane. Directed
and produced by Harold
Boihem.
Subjects
Advertising; Communication; Human behavior; Psychology and
psychologists;
Sociology(CSOC); Women's Studies(CWMN); Business &
Economics(CBUS);
PCR(CPCR); Arts and Communications(CART)

Holdings

VHS, 3 copies, Rent $21.50
Call the 800 # in my sig file.

--
Stan Diamond, Manager         (814) 863-3100
Audio Visual Services         (814) 863-2574 (Fax)