Re: Blinking Madonna blurb

CSemper (semper@bc.edu)
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 18:40:35 +0000

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 12:00:25 -0700 Harold David Rennie
<aa349@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
> Could someone, either one of the correspondents, or someone from New Day,
> please send me a description of this film?

>From the video blurb: "After recording an Italian-American religious
festival in Boston's North End with her camcorder, Beth [Harrington's]
neighbors tell her they see a miracle on the videotape--a statue of the
Virgin Mary blinking its eyes. To her amazement, and in spite of her
lapsed religious beliefs, she must admit that her life has been
transformed by the event. And when the press gets a hold of the story
what ensues is a funny and touching look at what it means to believe and
belong."

CS
semper@bc.edu