Re: VIDEO WITHDRAWAL POLICY

Stephen Marek (smarek@nwu.edu)
Wed, 28 May 1997 09:04:34 -0500

At 04:55 PM 5/27/97 -0700, carolh@charly.publib.saskatoon.sk.ca wrote:
>The Saskatoon Public Library has a policy of withdrawing videos after 250
>circs. Do other libraries have automatic withdrawal policies? If so, how many
>circs do you give each video? Thank you in advance for any information.
>Carol Hutchinson
>Saskatoon Public Library

We withdraw/replace videotapes when they show signs of physical damage or
deterioration. This could happen after the 1st playback or the 500th. "Magic
numbers" are for lazy administrators and lazy librarians. BTW, after how
many circs do you automatically heave books into the trash? ;-)

Stephen Marek
Head, Mitchell Multimedia Center
Northwestern University Library
Evanston, IL 60208