Re: Videos on Hawaii

Lorraine Algera (algera@sfu.ca)
Fri, 23 May 1997 11:44:31

Hi Sue,

We purchased the videotape "Troubled Paradise" from CrossCurrent Media in
San Francisco. Tel: 415)552-9550 fax: 415)863-7428

Troubled Paradise, a film by Steven Okazaki, is both a celebration of the
richness of Hawaiian culture and a look at the social and political
problems facing its indigenous population. 56 mins.

At 11:20 AM 23/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I have been asked to purchase some videos about Hawaii - general videos
>that touch on any of the following areas: cultures, economy, geography,
>history, flora and fauna, etc. We would like more academic, not
>"touristy" type.
>Can anyone suggest some titles?
>
>TIA
>
>Sue DeHut

>Susan Davis DeHut / ||| \
>Dir., Ed. Media Services | O O |\
>Linfield College \ / |\
>McMinnville, OR | | ||\
>sdehut@calvin.linfield.edu (_o_o_) |||\

Lorraine Algera, Media Consultant
Instructional Media Centre -- Simon Fraser University
ph: 604-291-4300 fax: 604-291-4900 e-mail: algera@sfu.ca