Judy Jones (
Mon, 19 May 1997 09:17:52 PST8PDT

We had a special license for 16mm film on, I believe, Citizen Kane.
When we investigated the cost to renew, the price was out of sight.
We returned the film and bought the video. I don't care how much a
faculty member loves film, we haven't bought or licensed one since
1990. Occasionally, we purchase laser disc.

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 08:40:28 -0700
From: "Kristine R. Brancolini" <>
To: Multiple recipients of list <>
Subject: Re: MPLC

When Rick Provine and I surveyed ARL libraries about their media
collections and services in 1993, we asked about licenses like this. Of
the 40 respondents with feature film collections, only 1 library had a
license with MPLC. The cost in 1991/92 was $1400. I wondered why the
library had the license, but never followed up with the media librarian

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries