Re: Definition requested

Dan Donnelly (d-donn@maroon.tc.umn.edu)
Tue, 6 May 97 17:13:26 -0500

I would think that any computer generated motion graphic created with paint and draw type software applications could be called computer animation. So you might consider something like:

"A computer generated motion graphic created for video display presentation. Such graphics may be displayed independently, from within the software application used to create them or as integrated files contained within some other application."

Wow, did I say that? What do it mean ;-)

At 10:27 AM 5/6/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Vidlibbers:
>
>We are looking for a simple, short (one or two sentences), moderately
>comprehensive definition of the term "computer animation". This is for
>an
>item attribute list that defines the different types of productions, i.e.
>iconographic, dimensional animation, clay animation, etc. We have been
>searching our reference books, but computer animation is either too new
>for our available resources or simply not addressed.
>
>Anyone got either a definition or a source for one?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>B. Rhodes
>Northeast Texas Library System
>
>Dan Donnelly