Re[2]: Indian Video Source

Agee, Jane (agee@mail.lib.duke.edu)
Tue, 29 Apr 97 09:37:50 EST

Kris,

Your question is timely since I'm in the midst of spending out a South Asian
grant before the deadline. In addition to Gary's list of distributors, I'd add:

Documentary Educational Resources
101 Morse St.
Watertown, MA 02172
Tel: 617-926-0491
FAX: 617-926=9519

For Multicultural Audio Video Systems, on the 97-98 catalog the address is
slightly different, phone number the same:
Multi-Cultural Books and Videos, Inc.
28880 Southfield Road, Suite 183
Lathrup Village, MI
(800) 567-2220

In addition to First Run/Icarus, take a look at Filmakers Library. We buy some
feature films from Facets. If you're interested in Indian films without
subtitles, I'll check with our South Asian Bibliographer who is from India,
comes from one of the film making families and maintains his contacts in India.
He handles our orders of videos from India.

Hope this helps. If you find other sources, please let me know.

Jane Agee, Film Librarian
Duke University Library
Durham, NC 27708
919-660-5886