Re: Why 2-day checkout?

Judy Jones (JONESJM@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:51:43 PST8PDT

Justification: Scarce, expensive resources with cross-disciplinary
application and high volume of use combined with the way video is
booked and aired.

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 06:53:13 -0700
From: Susan Albrecht <ALBRECHS@wabash.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Why 2-day checkout?

I'm curious to hear your responses to the following. We have, as I
think most libraries/media centers do, a shorter borrowing period for
videos than for books. In our case, a college library, we
allow semester checkout of books for faculty/staff, 4-week checkout
of books for students, and 2-day checkout of videos, regardless of
classification. (We do, however, extend the video loan period for
faculty when requested.) MY QUESTION: How do you "justify" this
shorter-than-books checkout period? I have my own opinions, but I'd like to
hear others'. Thanks much!

Susan Albrecht
Library Acquisitions/Media Center Assistant
Wabash College
Crawfordsville, IN
albrechs@wabash.edu

***"Changes aren't permanent, but change is."--Geddy Lee***