Re: Distributor: An American Family

Kim Hale x5355 (
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 16:37:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997 wrote:

> Greetings!
> We're looking for a sales distributor of the early 1970's documentary
> entitled AN AMERICAN FAMILY. It was a cinema verite experiment in
> which camera crews spent seven months in 1971 shadowing a "typical"
> American family, the Louds. I thought it would be easy to find but,
> so far, I've come up empty.
> If anyone has purchased this title or has information about its
> distribution, your help will be greatly appreciated...and you can
> respond directly to me at the e-mail addresses listed below.
> Thanks,
> John Fick
> Academic Support Center
> University of Missouri-Columbia
> 505 E. Stewart Road.
> Columbia, MO 65211

We tried to purchase this set a couple of years ago, but it is no longer
in print (to my knowledge). There was a follow-up to the series that
might be available. Let me know if you'd like more information.

Kimberly Hale, Acquisitions Librarian/Coordinator of Collection Development
Columbia College Library
624 South Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 663-1600, x5355 (voice) (312) 663-1707 (fax)