Re: Barcodes on videos

Ostroski (mostrosk@suffolk.lib.ny.us)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 12:40:53 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Janice:

Our videos have barcodes attached directly to the video on the long end so
that we can scan the actual product, not the case or cover, and we do not
have to open any box in order to scan. We also purchase clear boxes with
a full sleeve and end cut. We can see through the box to know if the
video has been rewound. We also attach a sticker with our name on the
video. Both these stickers go over the seam in the actual video so we
know if anyone has opened the video or not (sometimes we do so to make
repairs). We have been very happy with the packaging. It is asthetically
appealing and serviceable.

Best wishes with this new project. If I can be of further help, please
feel free to write.

Sincerely,

Mariella Ostroski
Cutchogue-New Suffolk Free Library