Re: Renaming "Audiovisual" -Reply

Stan Gilliam (stan@pals.guilford.edu)
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 09:48:59 -0700

How about Electronic Media?

A related story: A few years back we had a Public Relations Director who
insisted in using the word "media" in every other sentence-- referring, of
course to Broadcasting and Publishing ..." THE media. So I asked him to
desist, since we had copped the use of the word before he came. I think he
wanted to call his office "Media Relations."
Luckily he did not last long, and the department has since been named
"College Relations."
So, in the Media Center we now throw the word around with impunity.;
We set up a viewing/listening area in the library calling it the Media
Alcove. I think someone on the Media-L listserve came up with this name.
Good luck.