Re: Looking for: Song of the South

Kim Hale x5355 (kah000@dns.colum.edu)
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 13:15:07 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Gary Handman wrote:

> Sound of the South is not distributed in the country (Disney making some
> pretext of political correctness, I guess). I believe there is a
> Japanese laserdisc version (Sony, I think) which is sometimes get-able in
> this country for obscenely high prices...
>
> Gary Handman

We purchased a copy of Song of the South (Pioneer) in laserdisc from Ken
Crane's Laserdisc a couple of years ago. I think it was about $100, and
it was a Japanese import (dual tracks in English and dubbed Japanese).

You might try either Ken Crane's, Laser's Edge or Laser Disc Exchange.

Kimberly Hale, Acquisitions Librarian/Coordinator of Collection Development
Columbia College Library
624 South Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 663-1600, x5355 (voice) (312) 663-1707 (fax)