Re: Using French Films

Linda K. Harris (imslkh@selway.umt.edu)
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:51:49 -0700 (MST)

A source of NTSC videos in French without subtitles is
Bonjour America Inc in Plattsburgh, NY . Their number is
1 800 330 9565. We have also gotten videos from Vedette
Visuals in Tacoma, WA but I don't know if they are still in business.
The phone number I have for them is 206-564-4960.
Good luck with your search.

At 12:04 PM 2/10/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I have a copyright-related question for the list:
>
>I have two French professors who want to use several films (video format
>actually) in their classes this term. They don't want films with English
>subtitles. So they have ordered the films from France, and want me to
>make NTSC copies from the PAL (?) masters.
>
>Does anyone know of a source to purchase NTSC tapes of these films that
>do not have subtitles? Perhaps a Canadian source? If there is no such
>source, is there a
>way that I can legally make a copy of each film for classroom use? We do
>have a multi-standard VHS that we can book for them to use, but they would
>prefer to be spontaneous and be
>able to use the VHS installed in their classroom any time they wish.
>
>Sue
>
>********************* ()_()
>Susan Davis DeHut / ||| \
>Dir., Ed. Media Services | O O |\
>Linfield College \ / |\
>McMinnville, OR | | ||\
>sdehut@calvin.linfield.edu (_o_o_) |||\

Linda Harris
Media Circulation Coordinator Phone: (406) 243-2859
Mansfield Library FAX: (406) 243-4067
Instructional Media Services E-mail: imslkh@selway.umt.edu
University of Montana
Missoula MT 59812