Re: Using French Films

Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:38:21 -0500 (EST)

Susan: Our Copyright Officer, Kenneth Crews, does not permit this
practice. Making a copy is making a copy; you would need permission of
the copyright holder. On occasion we have sought and obtained such
permission, but the dubs are lousy. We have multistandard players prefer
not to convert from any other standard to NTSC. Your best bet is to find
copies in NTSC without subtitles. There are some sources. What are the
titles of the films?

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries