Re: Pre-1931 Frankenstein

Stephen O'Riordan (soriordan@ucsd.edu)
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 09:00:31 -0800

Susan,

I can't say what that particular clip was but there are at least three
Frankenstein films prior to Whales 1931 version;

Thomas Edison's version Frankenstein, 1910 (most likly the clip),
Life w/out a Soul, 1915
The Monster of Frankenstein 1920.

Kino puts out alot of early cinema titles 212 629-6880 as does Milestone 212
865-7449.

Stephen

At 11:26 AM 2/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Have I got an off-the-wall one for you all this time...
>
>A professor saw "Great Books--Frankenstein" (a Discovery production)
>on television recently and saw what was apparently a clip from a
>Frankenstein movie made **prior to** the famous 1931 Boris Karloff version.
>He's interested in finding out what this movie was and whether there is a
video
>available. I'm not having much luck and, frankly, my feeling is that
>short of contacting the exec. prod. of the above (which, of course, I
>have no idea how to do!), I won't have any luck...but I thought I'd at
>least ask. ANY IDEAS?
>
>Thanks,
>Susan Albrecht
>Wabash College Lilly Library
>Crawfordsville, IN 47933
>albrechs@wabash.edu
>
>***"Changes aren't permanent, but change is.--Geddy Lee***

Stephen O'Riordan
Film/Video Library
Univ. Of Calif. San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr.