Re: ideas on a media technology presentation

Beth Hansen (ehhan@conncoll.edu)
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 09:00:58 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997 RCOSMANN@eagle.liunet.edu wrote:

> I am going to give a short presentation on new media technology to a group of librarians. I am a media librarian at a New York university. Does anyone have any ideas on any material to present? Thanks.

Greetings!

As the Media Acquisitions Librarian this looks like an excellent
opportunity to "sell" some of the great new interactive multimedia! Our
collection is expanding nicely, but our patrons haven't quite gotten used
to connecting the library with multimedia! The potential for making these
new titles available over the Web or your local server (with the
appropriate copyright clearance) make these an appealing topic for any
presentation and can certainly build campus-wide support. I recently did
an informal presentation with our own Information Services group, taking
along some of more interesting titles.... the enthusiasm was wonderful!

Good luck with the presentation!

Cheers!

Beth Hansen
Media Acquisitions