Re: Video review index??

Wed, 15 Jan 1997 16:20:53 -0500 (EST)

Sharon: One good title on ozone depletion is _Hole in the Sky: The
Ozone Layer_, 1993. We bought it from Films for the Humanities and
Sciences.

The only good retrospective source for video reviews is _Media Review
Digest_. I recommend it highly. Librarians complain that it comes out
late every year (we received the 1996 volume in July--not a big problem),
but it's the only source of its kind. It compiles citations and brief
quotations from hundreds of review sources; including the library
publications, like _Booklist_ and _Video Librarian_; professional
publications, like _Education in Chemistry_; for feature films, scholarly
film journals, like _Film Comment_ and popular magazines, like
_Entertainment Weekly_. The subject indexing is pretty good and it has
many other indexes as well. The publisher is Pierian Press, in Ann Arbor.
BTW, it includes all audiovisual formats, including audiobooks, not just
video and film.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries
brancoli@indiana.edu