Re: ENTERTAINMENT VIDEOS

Ellen Druda (edruda@suffolk.lib.ny.us)
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 12:18:11 -0500

carolh@charly.publib.saskatoon.sk.ca wrote:

> 1). Do you purchase current releases?

Yes. We also purchase used from DVA.

> 2). Do you accept holds on entertainment videos?

No. Non-fiction videos only are allowed holds.

> 3). Do you limit the number of holds one patron may have? If so, what is the
> limit?

No limit.

> 4). Do you purchase extra copies of a title to meet demands? If so, do you
> have a pre-determined ratio of number of requests to the number of copies
> purchased?

We do purchase extra copies of the new Disney films, and on rare
occassion an extremely popular adult film. But no more than 2 copies
per branch.

> 5). What if any impact on your materials budget has this had?

Minimal impact, since we only purchase multiple copies of videos under
$40.

Ellen Druda at Half Hollow Hills Library, Dix Hills, NY

--
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x
dblduchess@aol.com