Re: Slave trade videos

California Newsreel (newsreel@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 17:12:32 -0800

Don't know of any videos on slavery from the owners point of view,
save, of course, "Birth of a Nation," "Gone with the Wind," and many
other older feature films. There is a new BBC production on the slave
narratives of Oloudah Equiano called "A Son of Africa" which has been
very well received by scholars. More information is available from
California Newsreel at the address below.

Best wishes,
Larry Adelman

--
=  CALIFORNIA NEWSREEL                    =
=  149 Ninth Street                       =