Re: Traders

Harold David Rennie (aa349@chebucto.ns.ca)
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 01:21:59 -0400

On Sun, 15 Dec 1996, Brent Peter Ferguson wrote:

> I am seeking videos on Commodity Trading.

> Brent Ferguson
> Elkhart Public Library
> Elkhart Indiana

Mr. Ferguson's recent request dovetails nicely with a personal interest
of mine, namely:
The British series _Capital City_
The CBC ran this dramatic fictional series as summer fill about 6 years ago,
but unfortunately discontinued it. It's an excellent series, very high
production values, with some curious
takes on the relation of globablization to the personal lives of some
weird and wonderful characters.

Now that I've made this unpaid and entirely sincere endorsation of this
series, can anyone tell me:
a) is the series still running in the U.K. and are they making new episodes?
b) did anyone pick up the series for video distribution, either to home
markets or educational/library markets such as those represented by Brent
Ferguson?
c) if the answer to (b) is yes, then who holds home video distribution
rights for Canada?

Best of the season(s), everyone!

Harold Rennie