Re: copyright and student teaching

Wed, 6 Nov 1996 16:50:37 -0500 (EST)

The face-to-face teaching exemption applies to the elementary classroom
as well as to the college or university classroom. The regular teacher
or the student teacher can use a home video with students, as long as it
is part of the instruction and not a reward for good behavior or some
other entertainment use. Our student teachers borrow home videos from
both the public library and the IU Libraries. The face-to-face teaching
exemption allows them to do so legally.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries
brancoli@indiana.edu