Re: Yugoslavian Video Search

milos (milos@interaccess.com)
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 14:39:17 -0700

franklinj@mala.bc.ca wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We have a Film Studies instructor with a passion for Eastern European
> films and are searching for a few obscure titles. I've checked the Video
> Source Book and Facets, to no avail. The titles are:
>
> MANIFESTO directed by Makavejev, rumoured that rights have just been acquired
> by Warner.
>
> UNDERGROUND directed by Kustarica, made in 1993 or 94
>
> ULYSSES GAZE directed by Angelopolis, also 1993 or 94, starring Harvey Keitel

> Any leads would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> jennifer
>
> Thanks!

> Jennifer Franklin
> Video Advisor
> Malaspina University-College Phone: (604) 753-3245 loc.2233
> 900 Fifth Street E-mail: franklinj@mala.bc.ca
> Nanaimo, B.C. CANADA Fax: (604) 755-874=========================================
>

> films

MANIFESTO has just been released by Fox Lorber Home Video under the
title FOR A NIGHT OF LOVE. It is available from most video vendors,
including Facets Video, and I'm sorry that the person you spoke with at
Facets didn't know this dirty little trick of changing the original
theatrical release title.

Neither Kusturica's Underground nor Angelopoulos' Ulysses' Gaze have
found any U.S. distribution.

Milos Stehlik
Facets Video