Re: Re[2]: Video on the Milgram Experiment

Elana Joffe (insight@echonyc.com)
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 10:39:29 -0400 (EDT)

Actually, Obedience is not available through Insight. We do have a video
called _Moral Development: The Milgram Experiment_ which re-creates Dr.
Milgram's classic experiment. The video features Dr. David Rosenhan who
examines the influence of social and environmental factors on moral
reasoning and explains how external factors, such as the presence of an
authority figure, can govern the outcome of a situation. The video also
relates the Milgram study to Kohlberg's theory of moral development.

The purchase price is $199. The item # is #2Q219.

Please call 800-233-9910 if you have any questions.

Elana Joffe
Insight Media, Inc.

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Agee, Jane wrote:

> You may be looking for "Obedience" that presents the experiment conducted at
> Yale in 1962 by Stanley Milgram. It involves the administration of electrical
> shocks. Our copy was purchased from Insight Media, 212-721-6316.
>
> Jane Agee, Film Librarian, Duke University
> Subject: Re: Video on the Milgram Experiment
> From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu at BITNET/INTERNET
> Date: 10/8/96 3:39 PM
>
> I seem to remember seeing a TV-movie or dramatic special some 12-15 years
> ago (which was very good). I think it was called "The 10th Level." I
> don't see it listed in any of my reference works.
>
> Randy Pitman
> Editor
> Video Librarian
> 3672 NE Liverpool Dr.
> Bremerton, WA 98311
> (800) 692-2270
>
> On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Ginny Nordstrom wrote:
>
> > If anyone knows of a video about the Milgram experiment (infliction of
> > pain) or a video that includes a segment about this study, I would
> > appreciate the information.
> >
> > Ginny Nordstrom (ginnyn@panix.com)
> > Horace Mann School, Loeb Library
> > 231 W. 246th St.