Re: CD - rom ordering and distribution

Ralph Huntzinger (ralphunt@rain.kcls.lib.wa.us)
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 11:01:17 -0700 (PDT)

Katherine,
I can give you lots of opinions (backed up with our experience) about
how public libraries can and might handle these issues -- however, my bias
runs toward circulating collections.
I read your question as covering more than public library circulating
issues. Academic libraries seem to have a nest of issues that do not
afflict public libraries. Maybe two tracks would come out of your
question: general and approaches for specific needs.
What kind of depth do you and the "group" want; I'd appreciate some
in-depth dialog because I learn from other's solutions.
Ralph

Ralph E. Huntzinger ralphunt@rain.kcls.lib.wa.us
Collection Management Services
King County Library System voice: (206) 684-6673
300 8th Ave. N. fax: (206) 684-5590
Seattle, WA 98109