Re: Films on Irish Famine (fwd)

Stan Diamond (sxd@psulias.psu.edu)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 22:07:12 -0400

If a rental source would be helpful, Penn State has this series available
in VHS. If you would like to book any of these titles, you can call the
800# below.

*******************
Title When Ireland Starved: 1 -- Causes of Poverty (37400)
Physical Color; sound
Copyrighted 1992
Length 26:00 min
Distributor Films for Humanities and Sciences (FFHS)

Holdings VHS, 1 copy, Rent $13.50
*******************

>The most comprehensive source I've found is from Films for the
>Humanities. It's called _When Ireland Starved_, 4 parts, 1993, $325 (in
>the 1996/97 catalog). Each part is 26 minutes. Part 1: Causes of
>Poverty, Part 2: The Irish Holocaust, Part 3: Managing the Famine, Part
>4: Exodus.
>
>Kristine Brancolini
>Indiana University Libraries
>brancoli@indiana.edu
>

>> Forwarded message ---------- Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 19:18:06 -0300
>> From: Ken Nolley <knolley@willamette.edu>
>> To: Multiple recipients of list H-FILM <H-FILM@H-NET.MSU.EDU>
>> Subject: Irish Famine
>>
>> From: Mark Cross <scotch21@ix.netcom.com>
>>
>> On a Celtic listserv, people are asking about good films (including
>> documentaries) that address the issue of Irish potato famine...
>> [snip]
>> So, are there any films, documentaries especially, that show the issues?
>> If possible, we'd like to see **both** sides of this issue addressed. Any
>> suggestions?

Stan Diamond, Manager (814) 863-3100
Audio Visual Services (814) 863-2572 (Fax)
Special Services Bldg (800) 826-0132 Order line
1127 Fox Hill Rd, sxd@psulias.psu.edu
Univ. Park, PA 16803 HTTP://www.libraries.psu.edu/avs/