IMAGE-CONTENT MATERIALS (fwd)

Beth Hansen (ehhan@conncoll.edu)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:36:07 -0400 (EDT)

Videolib-ers!

I'm forwarding this to the list in hopes that those of you have
provided so much in the way of good advise and information might consider
sending along whatever to assist. Perhaps an "invitation" to join the
list might be appropriate :)

Cheers! Beth Hansen
Shain Library--Connecticut College
270 Mohegan Ave.
New London, CT 06320-4196
ehhan@conncoll.edu

---------Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:51:12 -0800
From: Lynn Sipe <lsipe@calvin.usc.edu>
To: COLLDV-L@usc.edu
Subject: no.1245-IMAGE-CONTENT MATERIALS

From: "Shaw, Susan Libr" <ShawS@mg.sdstate.edu>

The campus entity that has handled what I call "image-content"
materials--films, videos, cd's, laserdiscs, etc.--has now dispersed its
collection and the library is getting about 300 videos and a small budget
to freshen the collection. Buying a-v materials is new for us; we want to
construct some guidelines. Although titles are usually suggested by
faculty for instructional use, we have to do a lot of prioritizing.
Do any of the academic libraries out there have collection development
policies for videos and other "image-content" materials that you'd be
willing to s are with me? Any other hints or suggestions regarding such a
collection would be welcome as well. You may reply to me off the list;
I'll be most grateful for your help.

Susan Shaw shaws@mg.sdstate.edu
Acquisitions Librarian 605-688-5565
H.M. Briggs Library