Re: Thomas Mann -- Tonio Kroger

Linda K. Harris (imslkh@selway.umt.edu)
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 11:18:53 -0600 (MDT)

At 02:47 PM 8/29/96 -0700, you wrote:
>You have been extremely helpful when it comes to finding sound
>recordings, so here's another one. I need a recording of Thomas Mann
>reading from _Tonio Kroger_, in German. Supposedly one existed long ago, but
>I can't find it. I *can* find this translated into English, but I need
>it in German. Many thanks for your help!
>
>Kristine Brancolini
>Indiana University Libraries
>brancoli@indiana.edu
>
>We have the video in German with English subtitles if that would help.
Rent is $10 plus 5.50 p & h.

TITLE(S) Tonio Kroger [videorecording] / Thalia Film ; [Herstellung],
Franz Seitz, Hans Abich ; Regie, Rolf Thiele ; Drehbuch, Erika
Mann, Ennio Flaiano.
SERIES 1) Video yesteryear ; 112.
ADDAUTHOR 1) Seitz, Franz.
2) Abich, Hans.
3) Thiele, Rolf.
4) Mann, Erika, 1905-1969.
5) Flaiano, Ennio, 1910-1972.
6) Brialy, Jean Claude.
7) Tiller, Nadja.
8) Frobe, Gert, 1913-
9) Mann, Thomas, 1875-1955. Tonio Kroger.
10) Thalia Film.
11) Reel Images (Firm)
DESCRIP 1 videocassette (VHS) (92 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
PUBLISHER Monroe, Conn. : Reel Images, c1981.
SUBJECT(S) 1) Feature films.
2) German language films.
PERFORMER 1) Jean-Claude Brialy, Nadja Tiller, Gert Frobe, Weiner Hinz.
SUMMARY 1) Tonio Kroger, a young writer, travels through Europe
experiencing various relationships with women and trying to find
a world that suits him. At the same time, his mind travels to
the past, exploring the origins of his dilemma in a troubled
childhood and youth.
NOTES 1) German dialogue, English subtitles.
2) "First two minutes contain no sound."--Container.
3) Based on the short story by Thomas Mann.
4) Originally issued as motion picture in 1965.
5) Made in 1965.
6) "A Video yesteryear recording."
7) Issued also as Beta 1/2 in. cassette.
1)IMS copy: Subtitles poor quality.
USE RULES Restricted to private use or face to face teaching.
CREDITS Camera, Wolf Wirth ; editor, Inge Taschner ; music, Rolf
Linda Harris
Media Circulation Coordinator Phone: (406) 243-2859
Mansfield Library FAX: (406) 243-4067
Instructional Media Services E-mail: imslkh@selway.umt.edu
University of Montana
Missoula MT 59812