Re: labels on cd's

Cathleen Cummings, Media Coordinator - SRJC (ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu)
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 11:37:36 -0700

At 04:23 AM 6/28/96 -0700, you wrote:
>This is an old topic that has just resurfaced here. Currently, we place
>no labels directly on a compact disc. However, we do use the 3M clear
>overlays with Tattle-Tape strip. Lately, there has been some interest in
>placing barcodes directly on the cd, rather than on the box. Anyone have
>any recommendations on doing that? Also, for ownership of cd's, are
>people writing directly on the cd or using labels. If so, which markers
>and which labels are used? If this topic has been discussed too many
>times, please reply direct, rather than to the list. Thanks!
>
>Lisbeth S. Goldberg lisbeth@CapAccess.org
>Audiovisual Librarian at Arlington County Library, VA
>(703)358-6339

We barcode on the back of the CD box but use a round CD label (such as from
Highsmith etc.) that we stamp with Santa Rosa Junior College - Media
Services (a half moon stamp to fit with the curve) and then put the CD
identification on the bottom half of the label (CD-102 etc.) We keep the
CD's behind the counter and check-out using the barcode so we don't use any
kind of a Tattle strip at this time. And before we check-in we're always
SUPPOSED to open to be sure the CD is in the case...

Cathleen Cummings
Media Coordinator, Santa Rosa Junior College
1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA- USA 95401
ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu