Re: Video Search

Mon, 10 Jun 1996 13:56:40 -0500 (EST)

The African-American version is _Carmen Jones_ (1954) with Dorothy Dandridge
and Harry Belafonte. We bought it from Facets last year for $19.95. Fox
Video, 1994.

Other versions are:

Carmen (1984), directed by Carlos Saura. A flamenco ballet adaptation of
the opera. In Spanish with English subtitles. Cinemateque Collection,
1986.

Bizet's Carmen (1984). The opera, with Placido Domingo and Julia
Migenes-Johnson. Columbia Pictures Home Video.

Carmen (1980?). The ballet, with Mikhail Baryshnikov and Zizi
Jeanmarie. Kultur International Films, 1980s. Uncertain about the date.

This isn't a complete list, but it's a start...

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries
brancoli@indiana.edu