Re: Council Wars

Stan Diamond (sxd@psulias.psu.edu)
Thu, 06 Jun 1996 08:50:55 -0400 (EDT)

Kim,
If it is in fact "Design Wars" that you are looking for, Penn State has
two copies in our rental collection. Here is the catalog entry. If you wish
to see this title, please call the 800# in my signature file. You can also
browse our entire catalog through our web page also in the sig file.

********************************

Title Design Wars (61011)
Physical Color; sound
Copyrighted 1989
Length 58:00 min
Distributor Coronet Instructional Films (CORT)
Audience SCA

Synopsis Chronicles a fascinating "design war" between five teams of
architects and developers, all of whom competed to build
Chicago's Harold Washington Library Center for $140
million. Shows how the five balanced external constraints
(budget, deadlines, site) with personal values and design
challenges to create a functional yet esthetic space.
Produced by WGBH for the Nova series.

Subjects Architecture and architects; Design; Arts and
Communications(CART)

Holdings VHS, 2 copies, Rent $21.50

*********************************

>Kim Hale x5355 wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for a series of videos called "Council Wars". It is a
>> series of tapes dealing with the Chicago City Council, and may have been
>> done in the late 70's through the mid 80's. I checked OCLC, but could
>> find no reference. I also contacted our major public library branch
>> (Harold Washington), and they do not have it according to their F/V
>> staff. Is anyone familiar with this?

Stan Diamond (manager) (814) 863-3100
Penn State Audio Visual Svcs. (814) 863-2574 FAX
1127 Fox Hill Rd. (800) 826-0132 Rentals
University Park, PA 16803 http://www.libraries.psu.edu/avs/