Re: interfiling videos

Nancy Maxwell (nmaxwell@mcls.rochester.lib.ny.us)
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 12:33:43 -0500 (EST)

We have interfiled all our instructional/educational videos by Dewey
number into our regular non-fiction section. We did it primarily because
we were running out of space. It has taken some patrons a while to get used
to the idea. Many of them were "browsers" and wanted to see what we had
on a large scale. Others are finding videos they didn't know we had
especially in the travel section. Because of our space problem we will
probably never go back to the old way- unless we get a whole new building.
Features and children's videos now have more room in which to grow. We are
a medium sized town library serving 40,000 and part of a larger county system
with ILL of videos among system libraries. Our collection overall
contains about 1600 videos.
s Nancy R.Maxwell
A-V Librarian
Henrietta Public Library