Re: interfiling videos

Jean McCarron (jean@nvdpl.north-van.bc.ca)
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:15:46 -0800 (PST)

While most of *the literature* still seems to support the notion that
interfiling all media is always best - surely each library has to judge
according to the needs and desires of its patrons? Interfiling seems to
work well in educational settings where people tend to be looking for any
material on a particular subject. It really helps if it is all grouped
together. In our public library system, our patrons are clearly still
coming to the library for "videos" or "books" or "cds". If that tendency
seemed to change over time, we would certainly reconsider.

Jean A. McCarron
Audiovisual Coordinator
North Vancouver District Public Library
jean.mccarron@nvdpl.north-van.bc.ca