Re: Books on Tape

Kathy Olsen (KOLSEN@mail.bcl.lib.fl.us)
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 15:08:32 -0400

The most definitive source of information I've found on the
replacement policy of individual spoken audio publishers is
"Audiobook Reference Guide", published by AudioFile magazine. Call
800-506-1212 for information on purchasing this 44-page guide. It's
been invaluable to me.

I always replace tapes from unabridged publishers, unless the rest of
the set is in bad shape. For abridged replacements, I weigh the
condition of the rest of the set against the cost of replacing the
entire package--with an average discount of 45% from Ingram, it
frequently makes more economic sense to buy a new set.

Kathy Olsen
Broward County Library
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
kolsen@mail.bcl.lib.fl.us