Re: Scandinavian films

Daniel Donnelly (d-donn@maroon.tc.umn.edu)
Fri, 23 Feb 96 12:34:49 -0600

At the University of Minnesota Library we've purchased many foreign and
classic titles from a local vendor, Festival Films. I'm not sure that they
specialize in Scandinavian titles but I would imagine they could be helpful.
You might ask for Ron Hall.

1 NAME: FESTIVAL FILMS
2 ADDRESS: 6115 CHESTNUT TERRACE
3 SHOREWOOD, MN 55331
4 800-798-6083, 612-470-2172; F:612-470-2172

At 08:09 AM 2/23/96 -0800, you wrote:

>Perhaps someone can recommend a particular source for Scandinavian film? I
>posted a few titles to the list a few weeks ago and got a few useful
>Scandinavian film using titles from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Iceland. I
>have the most common titles (Babette's Feast, Bergman, etc.) but we are
>looking for either a rental or purchase source for some more obscure items.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone from "Minnesohta" on the list?
>
>Hopefully we will see all of the Ingmar Bergman titles back in print soon?
>Can anyone imagine that these would ever be unavailable? Can anyone imagine
>novels by any great 20th century author going on "moratorium"?
>
>David
>
> David Gilbert - Music Librarian - Wellesley College - dgilbert@wellesley.edu

Daniel Donnelly, Library Manager,
Learning Resources Center, Digital Media Center
University of Minnesota Libraries
15 Walter Library
117 Pleasant St. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455