Re: Videos on Women Performance Artists

DELAP@cariboo.bc.ca
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:35:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi Alice, try the National Film Board of Canada WISECRACKS. "a 90 min
documentary which explores the world of female comedians on stage and
beyond" Featured: Phyllis Diller, Whoopi Goldberg, Paula Poundstone,
Deborah Theaker and many others. "elevates stand-up comedy to new
heights of wit and wisdom and tells the story of how women really
create and perform comedy" (from the NFB catalogue) It is a wonderful
look at women performers and is incredibly funny as well.
Rose Delap

> Subj: Videos on Women Performance Artists

> We're looking for any videos on women performance artists. We have
> Laurie Anderson's Home of the Brave, but would like to purchase or rent
> additional ones for our Women's Studies courses.
> Does anyone know the distributor for "Sphinxes without Secrets: Women
> Performance Artists Speak Out", 1991?
> Thanks,
> Alice Myers

Rose Delap EMail - delap@cariboo.bc.ca
Library Voice - (604) 828-5306
University College of the Cariboo Fax - (604) 828-5313