Re: Annie Mae

Harold David Rennie (aa349@ccn.cs.dal.ca)
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 00:55:41 -0400

On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Susan Erickson wrote:

> I am looking for a rental source for the title Annie Mae: Brave Hearted
> Woman. OCLC has one record for a 16mm (3 reels) and lists the distributor
> as Brown Bird Productions.

I can't offer much information, but here's something. The director's
name was Lan Brown Ritz. I met her when she came to Halifax in 1985 or
1986 to screen the video to the family of Annie Mae Aquash. She mentioned
Brown Bird Productions to me as well, but I got the impression that Brown
Bird was the production company, not necessarily the distribution
company. I used to have an address for her,but it was lost in a fire in
1991. All I can recall is that the address was in California.

Sorry, I know that's awfully slim pickings, but maybe it'll help. You
might also check under the title _The Life and Death of Annie Mae Aquash_.
That was the title of the book, and I have the impression that the book's
researcher may have had some peripheral involvement in the film.

For those who don't know of the connection, Annie Mae Aquash was a Micmac
from Nova Scotia, who got involved with the American Indian Movement.

Harold Rennie
aa349@ccn.cs.dal.ca