Re: Closed circuit tv systems

Edith Ramlow (eramlow@luna.cas.usf.edu)
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 21:34:39 -0500 (EST)

Our procedure is simply to ask for CCTV rights when ordering videotapes
of any subject or genre. However, when we first started our system we had
to backtrack through our collection to ask for permission...We devised a
fill-in-the-blank form that we sent to each copyright holder. It was a
long process, but well worth it to cover all of our collection rather
than have some with and some w/o permission.
This does not necessarily cover public performance - whole
different question...Our Student Affairs Office buys the rights to/from
an entertainment vendor (sorry, but I don't have the name right now) in
order to show current or most recent popular feature films. Hope this helps.
Edith Ramlow eramlow@luna.cas.usf.edu
LIS Student, USF, Tampa, FL
Media Services Supv., Saint Leo College, Saint Leo, FL