Re: Re:Video Inspection

DELAP@cariboo.bc.ca
Mon, 05 Feb 1996 09:34:37 -0800 (PST)

> Subj: Re:Video Inspection
Thank you Ellen for raising a question. At the risk of appearing very
ignorant, the idea of cleaning videos had never come up here. I checked
with our AV technician and he said he didnt think cleaning was really necessary.
He also said the estimated life of a video is about 8 years, although we
have items dating atleast twice that long which are still in good shape.
It will be very intersting to see what more knowledgeable people can tell
us. Rose Delap

> Are there any statistics that prove that cleaning actually improves the
> life of the video? What are good machines to buy and what are the price
> ranges?
>
> Ellen on Long Island
>

> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Ellen Druda
> edruda@suffolk.lib.ny.us
> RKWK39D@prodigy.com
> dblduchess@aol.com
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rose Delap EMail - delap@cariboo.bc.ca
Library Voice - (604) 828-5306
University College of the Cariboo Fax - (604) 828-5313